Steps After Acceptance
Congratulations and welcome to the Journalism & Media Academy Magnet School family!
We want to make you and your child’s transition as successful as possible. Please follow the steps below
1. Accept your child’s slot
online with the Regional School Choice Office (RSCO) at www.choiceeducation.org
. This needs to be done within 10 days of your acceptance notification and confirmed before you
register your student at JMA.
2. Once acceptance is confirmed, parents/guardians must visit JMA to register their student. Registration is open Monday-Friday 8- 1 p.m. Please contact Mrs.Wabble in the main office 860-695-7564
3. To prepare for your appointment, gather all required documents needed for registration. You will need to bring:
- Parent/Guardian driver’s license/legal ID (must reflect current address)
- Letter / Email from the RSCO OFfice stating your child's placement
- Child’s Birth Certificate or Guardianship documentation (if you are not on the birth certificate).
- Proof of address (TWO) – Utility bill, mortgage, rental agreement, etc.with current address. The name of the person registering child must be on the document
- Physical exam records with immunizations. Physical exams dated prior to the start of school will require a new physical exam. If the anniversary date of exam occurs over the summer, please provide a copy of last exam and date for new physical exam. New exam must be completed prior to the start of the school year.
- Recent report card/Transcripts (copy)
- IEP/504 Plan (copy) if your child receives these services.
If you have any questions please contact Sharon Wabble in the main office 860-695-7564